Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.
Registered users of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
. Forest Pack Pro 3.9.0b
New features and changes:
- "Bound Checking" now is local for each area.
- Added "Falloff->Invert Curve". Flips the values of the falloff curves.
- Added "Object->Scale". Scales the geometry of the referenced object in the Object Areas.
- New type of Area: Forest. Lets you to use a Forest object as Exclude area. There are two modes to compute the excluding region:
- Sphere. Uses a virtual bounding-sphere that surrounds each item. The size of the sphere may be scaled using the "Scale" parameter of the area, or modifying the "Collision Radius" parameter in the Geometry List of the excluding Forest.
- Mesh: Uses the full geometry of each item. This mode may be slower, specially using heavy geometries, but more precise.
- The items on Custom Edit mode are rescaled when the Geometry List is modified.
- The parameters "Tree Editor->Width/Height" are not longer needed and has been removed. If you need to set the size for specific items, select and scale them using the Max tools.
- "Tree Editor->Creation Tools->Reference by Areas" was obsolete with the UV Surfaces and has been removed.
- "Tree Editor->Properties->Geometry ID" selector is replaced by a combo list.
- Max 2013 support.
- Animation maps.
- Added Probability Curves for Rotation/Scale. Lets you to define the probability of each value in the range (X = Min/Max range, Y: 0-100% probability).
- Improved creation window: now it is possible to select the models from the library before creating.
- The version used to create/edit the Forest object is accesible by Maxscript with the "savedversion" property. This value is updated when saving.
- "Geometry->Get Size From library" is changed to a global value and enabled by default.
- "Forest Color->Range" is renamed to "Random Strength". Default value is set to 100%.
- "Camera->Limit to Visibility" is disabled by default. In case that large areas are used, Forest displays a suggestion recommending enable this option.
- "Camera->Back Offset" is set by default to 10m.
- Fixed crashing bug in Mental Ray when using nested Forests, and the inner object is not in Display->Render Mode->Meshes.
- Some parameters of the Surface Area were not being applied.
- The Surface Area would be disabled ocasionally in UV mode.
- Clustering on UV Surfaces now works in any plane, not only XY.
- The Forest object is rescaled properly when changing units.
- The Library Browser scales correctly the 2D models for all units.
- Note: now each library stores internally the units used when it was created. To update this value correctly in your own libraries, modify any item and save it. Be sure the Max Unit Setup is set to the same value that you used originally.
- Selecting a model from the Library Browse, doesn't modify anymore the current Probability value.
- The viewport is properly updated when selecting items on Custom Edit mode (Max 2013)
- Fixed potential crashing bug with Snap operations.
- Switching from Generate to Custom Edit mode preserves the Bound Checking behaviour.
- Fixed minor issue with mapping channels greater than 1.
- Zero size items (because transform and falloff operations) would trigger a geometry warning in VRay. Fixed.
- The Distribution Map is visible in the Asset Tracker.
In Max 2013, the 3D objects loaded from the library are visible in the viewport, although they are stored in a hidden layer. This is a Nitrous problem and it is already reported to Autodesk.
||Non-uniform scale distribution
||Rotating to discrete values of 0º, 90, 270º using Probability Curve
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:24:21 am by iToo »