Click on the item below to see their corresponding content.
RailClone Lite/Pro 2.0.4
- Copy/Paste now works between RailClone objects.
- Fixed potential lockup saving large scenes when editor is open.
- Fixed: Right click on spinners resets to wrong values.
- Fixed: Segment->Rotation to more than one axis generates squeezed objects.
- Fixed: Parameters limits are not properly updated in the Max rollout.
- Library: Fixed alignement of Civil Engineering->Curb elements.
RailClone Lite/Pro 2.0.3
In this update, the plugin has been rewritten from scratch, introducing significate improvements over RailClone 1.x. These are only a few of them:
- Graphical Style Editor.
- Multiple Generators by object.
- Array generators, based on two splines or dimensions.
- Multiple Base Objects (splines) by object.
- Node Operators: Sequence, Randomize, Mirror, Arithmetic and others.
- Selectable segments according to spline properties, using Conditional operator.
- Segments by spline's material ID, using Generator->Limits or Conditional operator.
- Random material mode is much more flexible, using the Material operator.
- Area Clipping (include and exclude), using closed splines.
- New display mode: Points-cloud.
- Exported Parameters, lets you to parametrize models much more easily.
- Added Stadium seats to the Library (Bleachers category).
- Library items are improved for 2.x new features.
- Added support for Max 2014.
...and much more. See the demo reel, help reference and the new tutorials for more information.
RailClone Lite/Pro 1.4.3
- RailClone Tools keeps the layer hierarchy of the source objects.
- Fixed: VRay proxies using non-ascii characters fail in Max 2013.
- Fixed potential corruption object editing a RailClone scene without an active license.
RailClone Lite/Pro 1.4.2
- More than 140 new models added to the Library, including Facades, Bleachers, Scaffolds, Parking Canopies, Sidewalks, Curbs, Steet Lights, Theater Seats and Park elements.
- Max 2013 support.
- The object is no longer rebuild when the spline is selected, only when it is modified.
- The version used to create/edit the Forest object is accesible by Maxscript with the "savedversion" property. This value is updated when saving.
- The installer now supports unattended installation. Use /? in the setup program to see the parameters.
- Scaled segments were not rendered correctly, when used on non-linear sections of splines (VRay only).
- Fixed UVW Mapping on scaled segments.
- The segments not using "Bend" are aligned correctly following the path.
- Offset Y now works properly on closed splines.
- Geometry->Mirror can be used when Y Offset is zero.
- Fixed very rare crashing bug in the Library Browser.
- Known issues: The plugin doesn't work properly with MentalRay distributed rendering in Max 2013. This problem is already reported to Autodesk and we are waiting a fix. This issue does NOT affect to local rendering or Backburner.
RailClone Lite/Pro 1.3.0
- RailClone Tools. This utility converts the RailClone geometry to standalone objects, creating automatically meshes and instances where needed. You can use it to create instanced geometry in render engines which are natively supported by the plugin, or to export the scene.
- New parameter: Display->Disable Object. It disables completely the RailClone object, both in viewport and render.
- Fixed geometric glitches when using the VRay/Mental shader.
RailClone Pro 1.2.5
- More than 50 new models added to the Library, including Chainlinks, Stone walls, Moldings, Bridges, Handrails, Street lights and Trusses.
RailClone Lite/Pro 1.2.1
- Fixed geometry issues with Bevels.
- The assigned spline can be selected from the quad menu.
RailClone Lite/Pro 1.2.0
New features available
VRay Mental / Mental Ray support
Added geometric shaders for VRay and Mental Ray, letting you to render a huge number of high-poly objects using minimal resources:
- Create massive railing and structures over paths as long as kilometers.
- Objects are converted on the fly to native render instances.
- The geometry is generated dynamically inside the camera frustrum (VRay only).
- VRay Proxies and mr Proxies are supported.
Note: See Rendering Best Practices to learn more about the geometric shader and how to optimize your scenes to use it efficiently.
A new Display rollout has been added:
- Configurable "Boxes" mode for Viewport and Render.
- Adaptative mode. Use "Boxes" mode on viewport if the number of faces specified is exceeded.
- "Boxes" display mode is more accurate respect to the full geometry.
- Render mode: Automatic mode uses native instances for VRay or Mental Ray. Meshes mode creates a unique mesh for the geometry.
- Build button and Max.Faces and Max.Segments parameters have been moved from the General rollout here.
- CPU Multi-core support. Global performance have been improved.
- Randomness->Mapping Coordinates. Avoid texture tiling, applying box mapping to the Segments along the path.
- Added Max 2012 support.
- Fixed geometric issues when applying both random rotation and scale.
- Bevel works properly on splines with collinear vertices.
- Geometry->Copy From/To works properly on RailClone objects with modifiers.
- Fixed minor Library Browser issues.